The whole mushroom has medicinal properties and contains over two hundred constituents with health promoting properties. The charred outer part contains mostly betulin which is a principle component of birch bark. The inner part is richer in lanostanes.
Other medicinal properties:
* Antioxidant: Compounds in Chaga scavenge free radicals (which are unstable) and reactive compounds that damage cellular structures such as DNA and RNA.
* Hypoglycemic : Chaga mushroom may help lower blood sugar levels
* Antimutagenic: Chaga inhibits changes in DNA and RNA sequences that can cause genetic disorders, cancer and degenerative diseases.
* Antitumor: Chaga extracts inhibit tumour growth, initiate apoptosis (cell death) of cancer cells, and stimulate the immune system to fight cancer.
* Immune System Stimulation: Chaga extract has been found in several studies to stimulate the immune system to fight infection, cancer, and immune diseases.
Wild, Organic, Dehydrated, Sustainably Harvested
Product of Canada (Ontario)